Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Fever

I don't know about your house, but at our house Spring Fever is in running rampant. What a beautiful weekend! We spent most of it outside and it was so nice.

Saturday Lance headed to a shooting range with his brother while the kids and I took off to the park for the day. It was a georgous afternoon which meant that everyone else was at the park too. That's OK, it meant they boys had plenty of kids to play with. They even ran into 3 of their Awana buddies at the playground. Megan enjoyed our walk around the nature trail. Riley pushed her in her stroller most of the way. Owen took a short turn at it and I pushed her the rest of the way. We left the park and went by Chick-fil-A on the way home to redeem the boys milkshake coupons they'd won Wednesday night at the Awana Grand Prix with their pinewood derby cars.

Sunday, Riley and I went for the second hour of church while Lance hung back with Megan and Owen at home. I think we'll be ready to introduce Megan at church next Sunday. We've been waiting for her to get a few weeks age on her before we bring her with us. Riley on the other hand has been growing impatient with not attending. So this week, I had promised to get him there and I did.

After church and lunch at home, we were outside most of the afternoon. Lance mowed the lawn and sprayed roundup on the poison ivy starting to grow. Riley, Owen and I fished for a short while (no bites) with the 4 crickets Riley and Lance found earlier. The boys split the rest of the afternoon in the sandbox, on the trampoline, playing with action figures on the deck and shooing their paintball gun at a tree stump target. Megan split her time between my arms and her crib. She had a nice long nap during most of our outdoor time.

I'm getting comfortable with this stay-at-home-Mom role. It's hard to believe I only have 3 weeks left of my maternity leave. It's going by way too fast!

No comments: